This Privacy Notice describes
• the personal information we collect and how we use that information;
• when we might disclose your personal information; and
• how we keep and protect your personal information.
It applies to this Site and to any Services where this Privacy Notice is referenced.
By using our Services and/or registering for an account, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice and
What is Personal information?
“Personal information” is information that can be associated with a specific person that could be used to identify
that specific person, either from the data directly or from that data combined with other information that we
have, or are likely to have, access to. Personal information doesn’t include anonymous or aggregated
information that can no longer be used to identify a specific person.
Public information is any information, including personal information, you share with a public audience,
including personal information you publish on our site. Public information is available to anyone on or off our
Services and can be seen or accessed through online search engines, APIs, and offline media, such as on TV.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We can change this Privacy Notice at any time by posting the updated terms to the Site. The updated terms
automatically take effect 30 days after they are posted.
We collect information you give us including:
• When you register for an account: Information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses or user ID (where applicable) when you register for an account with us
• When we verify you or your account: we may collect and process information (as permitted by law) to authenticate you or your account, or to verify the information that you provided to us
• When you transact on our Services: such as when you post an ad, reply to an ad, information you provide during a transaction or other transaction-based content. We may also collect your financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) if you buy a feature from us or are required to pay fees to us
• When you engage with our community: such as when you submit a web form or participate in community discussions or chats
• When you interact with your account: such as updating or adding information to your account, adding items to alerts lists and saving searches. Sometimes you may also give us your age, gender, interests and favourites
• When you contact us: such as through a web form, chat or when we otherwise communicate with each other. We may also record our calls with you (if we have your consent to do so)
We collect information automatically including:
• Information from the devices you use when interacting with us or our Services such as device ID or unique user ID, device type
• Information about your location such as geo-location
• Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history and your web log information
We collect information using cookies, web beacons and similar technologies including:
• Information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our Services, or within our advertising or email content.
We use your personal information to provide, improve and personalise our Services
Your personal information allows us to:
• Provide you with access to and use of our Services as well as access to your history, internal messages and other features we may provide
• Offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like
• Customise, measure and improve our Services
• Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
We use your personal information to contact you about your account:
We may contact you via email, telephone, SMS:
• To give you customer support about your account such as to troubleshoot problems, to collect fees or monies owed to us, or to get your opinion through surveys
We use your personal information to personalise our advertising and marketing, including to:
• Personalise, measure and improve our advertising
• Contact you, either via email, telephone or SMS text to offer you discounts and special promotions and to let you know about our Services and those of our corporate family (if you have consented to this contact). Message and data rates may apply
• Deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers
We use your personal information for legal compliance reasons, including to:
• Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities
Retention of personal information:
If your account is active, we will keep your personal information as long as we need it for our operations. We
may also keep personal information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, stop fraud, collect fees
laws. If we no longer need your personal information, we securely dispose of it.
• You can see, review and change your personal information by signing in to your account. Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
• Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. If you ask us to, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and as required under applicable national laws.
• We will honour your right to request access to, or modification or deletion of, your personal information. We may have the right to withhold that access or refuse to modify or erase your personal information under applicable national laws, but we will give you reasons if we do so. To contact us about access and to find out if any fees apply, please contact Customer Service.
We disclose your information to our corporate family members, who may use it to:
• provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support)
• offer you personalised advertising
• guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, services, tools and marketing communications. Other group companies will not send you marketing communications unless you have consented to receiving their communications
We disclose your information to third-party service providers and financial institution partners, who may use it to:
• help us provide our Services, payment processing services and customise advertising
• help us with the prevention, detection, mitigation and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our Terms, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and other business operations
We may disclose your information to law enforcement and other parties in connection with the law, including:
• law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorised third-parties, in response to a verified request regarding a criminal investigation, alleged or suspected illegal activity, or any other activity that may expose us, you or any of our users to legal risk or if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, the capture or prosecution of offenders, or the assessment or collection of tax or duty
• participants of the “Verified Rights Owners Program” under confidentiality agreement, if we decide that it is necessary to disclose that information in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy or other unlawful activity
• credit agencies or bureaus as authorised by applicable national laws
• third parties commencing, or involved in, a legal proceeding if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or similar legal document
Change of ownership
If we were to merge with or be bought by another company, we may share information with them in accordance
with our global privacy standards. The new combined entity would comply with this Privacy Notice. If your
personal information is to be collected, used, disclosed or retained for any purposes not covered in this Privacy
Notice, you will receive advance notice of any changes to the processing of your personal information.
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures. Our safeguards include
firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to data centres and information access authorisation
controls. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact Customer Service.
Unwanted or threatening email
We do not tolerate abuse of our Services. You do not have permission to add other users to your mailing list,
call or send SMS messages for commercial purposes, even if a user bought something from you, unless the user
has given their explicit consent. Sending unwanted or threatening email and SMS messages is against our Terms
of Use. To report spam or spoof emails please contact Customer Service.
Third party privacy practices
This Privacy Notice addresses only the use and disclosure of personal information we collect from you. If you
disclose your information to others, or if you are directed to a third party website, their privacy notices and
practices will apply.
We can’t guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party. You should
check the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to
share your information, even when dealing with buyers or sellers on our site.